Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm Loving It

Who would have known that those toys I couldn't have until all my nuggets were gone could have paid for a portion of my college education? If only I had had eBay when I was a 6-year-old (and the will power to not remove the toys from their original packaging).

An 11-year-old boy named Luke Underwood of Notts, England just scored $11,000 for auctioning off his 7000-piece Happy Meal Collection to buyers all over the world according to an post on parentdish.com. His collection included the only known complete set of the 101 Dalmatians.

It is estimated that Underwood would have had to eat 10,000 Happy Meals to amass such a collection, but he didn't eat them all himself. He apparently convinced his father to buy another collection with toys from the 90s for about $35o...not a bad return on his investment if you ask me.

Personally, I think it would have drove me a little crazy to have all those toys and not be able to play with them. Some of my favorite toys as a kid came out of a Happy Meal box. Oh, how can I forget the Barbie/Hotwheel days or the Halloween McNugget Buddies that entertained me for hours on end? No, I don't think I could trade all the hours of fun I had with those free toys for $11,000. It's like the MasterCard commercial says, somethings are just priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment