Sunday, March 1, 2009

How to Score a Man

I'm not exactly sure why this story was even newsworthy, but apparently it's intended to make those women still in search for Mr. Right feel better about themselves, in a screwed up kind of way.

In a post on lemondrop.com 40-year-old Adele Parks explains why she was proposed to seven times (turning them all down) by the time she was 23. Parks explains that her "trick of the trade" was simple enough...not being herself.

Apparently Park molded herself to suit the type of man she was at the time while hiding other "less-desirable" qualities. She told a British newspaper, "Some of these men didn't even know how many siblings I have, but believed I was their ideal woman."

Well now I know the next time I go through a break up and I'm sitting on my couch stuffing my face with a pint of Ben and Jerry's it was because I was simply being myself...that's real comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment