Sunday, April 5, 2009

Twilight Causes Biting Binge?

Okay...I'll admit it. I'm a Twilight fan. Yes, I've read all the books and let's just say that I saw the movie in theaters more than once. However, as a 22-year-old I understand that vampires don't really exist and unlike the boy in this news story, I'm certain I could have made that distinction as well as a 13-year-old.

According to parentdish.com, a father is blaming the movie Twilight for a biting binge that his 13-year-old son went on. The unidentified boy apparently chomped on 11 of his peers at McCombs Middle School before one girl finally complained to the school principal. The boy has been given a delayed referral to juvenile court on an assault charge.

I don't know about most people, but at 13, I know I was able to separate fiction from reality. His parents need to stop blaming their son's behavior on the media he consumes and start doing their job before this kid grows up believing that everything in life is just like TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment